Saturday 2 July 2016

Quick and Easy Reads


Recently I've been wanting some enjoyable books that are easy to read and/or that I can just plow through as I'd been feeling slightly slumpy (although I think that as mostly passed now), so I thought I would compile a list of quick and easy reads.

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan


Let's get the obvious out of the way. This series is super fun, quick and easy to read because of Rick's great writing style. Really, any of his books are, but more so the first few books in this series before they start getting too serious. I flew through these as I'm sure many others have.

2. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


Disclaimer: I've only read the first two books in the trilogy. These aren't the lightest books, but they are quite easy to read. The writing isn't too dense for a fantasy novel, which is quite a contrast from some other fantasies.

3. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass


I'm pretty sure this is everyone's guilty pleasure read. The characters aren't great (especially America), the plot is mediocre, the world building is pretty bad and the writing is only middle of the road, but somehow it just hooks you. I originally was going to stop after the original three, but I was feeling slumpy a few months ago and picked up the last two (although I have no intentions of reading Happily Ever After) on a whim and whipped through them. 

4. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

This was another book that I picked up on a whim recently and whipped through. It's a light contemporary, and usually I try to avoid them since I don't usually enjoy them as much as most people, but I picked it up because I wanted something different. Although I found the plot got increasingly unrealistic, I still enjoyed it overall.


5. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mofi




This trilogy is super easy to get through and has some beautiful prose (although I do find they can be over the top sometimes). However, they aren't the lightest or fluffiest reads.


6. The Split Second Duology by Sophie McKenzie


This duology hasn't gotten much attention, but I think it would appeal to anyone looking for a fast-paced and action packed read. My copies have fairly large text too, and that seems to also speed up the reading process for me.

7. Since You've Been Gone and The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson


These are the only two Morgan Matson books I've read (well, I'm reading The Unexpected Everything right now), and they are the epitome of light summer reads. They would definitely be a great read for right now.

8. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin


If you are looking for a fast-paced and action filled book, READ THIS. I absolutely love this book, and never wanted to put it down!

9. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell


This is my favourite Rainbow Rowell book, and I got through this even faster than her smaller contemporaries. I just really loved it and its characters (especially Baz). 


Hope these recommendations help! They are just what I whipped through and found easy to read, so some of them may not be the same for you. Let me know in the comments some of your favourite quick and easy reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment